Friday, April 30, 2010

Cats: Round 2

It's been quiet on the cat front in my backyard although a dog has been making regular "visits" to the lawn. And thanks for all of you who contributed your ideas and other pest woes. I'll be doing other pest posts soon. (Ukee readers and others — how do you deal with deer? We've been spared them in Tofino so far.) I am currently preparing a post on my favourite new gardening book that I want to share with you, but for now, here's what Gayla Trail from You Grow Girl (the book and the web site) suggests: Gayla suggests planting plants that cats hate, such as "scaredy cat plant" (Coleus canina) or laying chopped citrus peels or pinecones around the garden. She also says burning frankincense will keep raccoons, cats and squirrels away. (Anyone have some frankincense handy?) She also, very graciously I thought, gives instructions for a garden that your cat (or, in my case, the eight neighborhood cats) could enjoy as their very own. I'm not sure that I'll go that far, but I appreciate that many, many people love cats much more than I do.

Back soon with pics and a review of Gayla's fab. book.

No comments:

Post a Comment